- Torah Parasha Week 1 (2020-2021) - B'reisheet - In the…
- Torah Portion - Week 1 - B'reisheet (In The Beginning):…
- Torah Portion - Week 14 - Va'era (and I appeared): Exodus…
- What Is The Weekly Torah Portion?
- The Book of Isaiah Chapter 2-3 – Bible Study Podcast
- The Book of Isaiah Chapter 1 - Bible Study Podcast
Shawn L. Ozbun is an independent podcaster, author, and commentator on many biblical topics. Shawn is a student of the scriptures, ancient writings, Dead Sea Scrolls, and biblical Hebrew language. Above all, Shawn is passionate about furthering the Kingdom of God, and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Although Lot offering his daughters in chapter 19 vs 8 is definitely disturbing, I think it demonstrates Lot’s willingness to sacrifice/give up/offer (unsure of the correct word) what is precious to him to protect those sent to him by God. Clearly the two angels did not need protection but it showed how quickly and without hesitation he gives up what is precious to him. Would I have done the same? Mostly likely not under those circumstances.
That’s an interesting perspective Andrew and I think a valid point. Thank you for sharing. You might be on to something.